Fresh Perspectives & Ideas
Inject new life into your marketing with fresh ideas based on experience of what works...
Marketing Insights & Discovery
Understand the effectiveness of your marketing & how to increase the returns from it...
Develop markets, increase leads and grow sales
Understand how to gain the returns you need from your marketing. Benefit from our experience, training and services to achieve them.
Insights, tips and advice to inspire and guide your marketing.
Customer case studies sharing real-life examples of practical and engaging marketing that’s developed markets, increased leads and grown sales.
Driving charity fundraising, one cup of tea at a time
Imagine not being able to hold a cup because you have lost the use of your hands; or not being able to take sip of tea because you have lost the ability to swallow; or even being able to ask for a cup of tea because you have lost the ability to speak. That's the reality of MND. There is no cure and kills a third of people within a year and more than half within 2 years of diagnosis.
Having completed several physical challenges, fundraiser, Pete Collins was looking for a new way to fundraise to fit in around a full-time job and complete whilst waiting for a hip operation. He came up with the idea for the #SelfTea4MND campaign following the international social media success of the 'ice bucket challenge'.
As a supporter of the MND Association, Hannah had previously helped Pete with the website for his 2014in2014 campaign (completed with his brother, John and friend, Ant) and offered to provide pro bono marketing support and advice as needed.
Aim of the campaign
To raise £10,000 for the MND Association and keep the campaign going for at least one year (Sept 2015-Sept 2016).
What the Tea4MND campaign has achieved (to date)
- Over £11,000 raised in just 9 months
- Hundreds of #SelfTea4MND social media posts (selfies) including celebrities such as Stuart Broad, Jeremy Vine, Rick Stein, Hal Cruttenden, Nick Knowles, Eamonn Holmes, Rob Beckett, Chris Broad and Michael Conlan.
- A mass #SelfTea at the MND Association Conference 2015
- Getting a mug to the Antarctic Circle and a SelfTea4MND taken
- 300+ Tea4MND mugs sold
- Events at Toni & Guy, Specsavers, Bakery Cafe, Halifax Building Society
- Bucket collection with HiTea at East Midland Train's celebrations for the Queen's 90th Birthday (Derby Station) on 11 June 2016
- Plans for future campaign events such as Tea4MND Garden Party, Marathon Tealay, Tea4MND Bake Off,
How Sookias Media is helping
- Increasing the social media campaign by sharing updates on Facebook and Twitter using business and personal accounts
- Pro bono marketing advice: discussing ideas and campaign promotions as well as using local contacts and knowledge to help develop the campaign
- Using LinkedIn and connecting with local tea company Hi Tea, who subsequently invited the Tea4MND crew to take part in the Queen's 90th Birthday celebrations at Derby Station Overbridge
- Selecting and reviewing potential promotional items
- Sourcing and co-ordinating the purchase of 300+ mugs which have now been sold
- Providing marketing admin for mail order mugs
- Helping to plan the next stage of campaign - expected to include CricketTea4MND, Tea4MND Garden Party and more!
To join in with the campaign follow these steps:
- Make a Cup of Tea
- Take a #SelfTea4MND (A ‘selfie’ with your cup of tea)
- Make a donation using TextGiving or JustGiving – Text ‘TMND55 £5’ to 70070 or go to www.justgiving.com/Tea4MND
- Post your photo on social media and nominate your friends, family and work colleagues to get involved
For more information and support for people affected by Motor Neurone Disease (MND), please click the image below or visit www.mndassociation.org.